Careers at St. Ignatius
St. Ignatius Catholic School recognizes that the mission of our school can only be accomplished with a supportive, highly qualified, talented instructional and administrative staff. Our staff is dynamic, flexible, hardworking, and committed to our mission, our philosophy, and the students and families that they serve.
- Pay that is competitive with the West Ada School District and other area Catholic Schools
- Tuition benefits for children of full time faculty/staff
- Commitment to Professional Development
- Built in individual and collaborative planning time weekly
- A strong, supportive parent/parish community
- Innovative education model that features highly individualized learning, encourages teacher collaboration, and is facilitated by modern technology
- Modern building design that features shared learning spaces, ﬂex seating in every room, and outdoor learning spaces
- A culture of quality, collaboration, and commitment among all staff
Current job openings will be posted here so please continue to visit this site to learn about positions that become available.
5th Grade Instructional Aide
We are currently hiring for a part time instructional aide for our 5th grade classroom. At this time, the schedule is MWF, 9:30-2:00pm. Please email our business manager, Carolyn Brandenburg at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2022-23 SUBSTITUTES NEEDED!
St. Ignatius is in need of substitute teachers and classroom aides! Please consider assisting the school in this vital role.
Substitute positions are paid and thus individuals who are hired are considered employees of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Boise. Thus, additional paperwork is required prior to the start of employment. Please review the following requirements to determine if the substitute position is of interest:
- A Diocese of Boise Background Check must be completed for employment. If a background check has already been completed as a volunteer, the form still needs to submitted to update the Diocese records. If an individual would like to forego receiving wages, and instead provide substituting as a volunteer service to the school, then certain documents will not be required. Please contact the Business Office for additional information on volunteering as a substitute.
- Fingerprints must be taken by the Idaho State Police and forwarded to the Idaho Department of Education to perform an additional background check as an employee of a school or substitute teacher/aide volunteer. The cost for the fingerprints is $10.00 and the state background check fee is $28.25 – these amounts are paid by the applicant. The fingerprint paperwork must be picked up at the school.
- New hire paperwork, including a Form I-9 verification form with copies of valid identification, must be completed for payroll purposes. A signed substitute guidelines / confidentiality agreement must also be kept on file. Preview here: Substitute Guidelines
Hourly rates of pay for substitute positions for the 2022-23 School Year are as follows:
Substitute Teacher – Certified $14.00 (Full Day Schedule is 8 hours)
Substitute Teacher – Non-Certified $13.50 (Full Day Schedule is 8 hours)
Substitute Aide – $12.00 (Full Day Schedule is 7.5 Hours, Part Day Schedule is 4.5-5 Hours)
If interested, please complete the Substitute Application form: Substitute Form Link and stop by the office for an Idaho Department of Education Fingerprint packet. Please contact the Business Office to confirm that the fingerprint form has been submitted to the Department via email at email@example.com. Additional forms will then be provided to complete the hiring process. New substitutes must also watch a short training video prior to subbing. A link to the video will be provided via email.