Overview of St. Ignatius Catholic School“Go forth and set the world on fire.” - St. Ignatius
St. Ignatius Catholic School is a pre-K-8th grade school modeled in the Ignatian tradition of education with a focus on academic excellence, faith formation, social justice and service, and strength of community. The faculty and staff at St. Ignatius strive to help each child seek the MAGIS-the more— by recognizing the unique gifts and talents of each individual and helping strengthen those God-given abilities so that they can become agents of goodness and change in the world. We are committed to developing the whole child– heart, mind, body, and soul.
Let our students and teachers introduce you to St. Ignatius Catholic School HERE.
At A Glance
- Pre-school- 8th grade offered; 2 classes at each grade level.
- 2021-2022 Enrollment: 485
- Highly individualized learning program with small class sizes ranging from 22-26 for K-8.
- Departmentalized middle school with Presentation Room and Math Room, lockers, 1:1 windows based lap tops, student selected electives (including art, Spanish, computer science, leadership team, makerspace, lifetime fitness, choir/orchestra, and liturgy).
- STEAM (Science Technology Engineering Art Math) interwoven into the science curriculum, enhanced by Makerspace and science lab.
- Music (K-8), choir, and other performing arts opportunities.
- Fine arts program offered K-8.
- Outdoor learning space, community garden, and opportunities for outdoor learning and exploration.
- State of the art building with flex space at each grade level, flooded in natural light and modern technology infrastructure.
- K-8 service and social justice curriculum, including individual, class and school wide service projects and Social Justice Fair.
- School wide, up-to-date technology, including smart TVs in each classroom, a Technology/Presentation Room, iPads and Chrome Books for K-4, 1:1 Chrome Books for 5th -6th grade and 1:1 Windows based devices for 7th-8th
- Participation in Treasure Valley Catholic Schools sports programs.
- Building designed to provide flex learning spaces to facilitate skills based grouping and collaboration.
- Academic differentiation and individualization including accommodation plans with such special services as we are reasonably able to offer.
- Two outdoor play areas.
- Before and after-school care available.
Graduate at Graduation - The Path of St. Ignatius
It is our goal that in their time at St. Ignatius, students grow mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually while constantly reaching for their highest potential. We hope they honor God by making choices that are for the greater good. St. Ignatius students should strive for the following characteristics: