Faith In Our FutureA Campaign for St. Ignatius Catholic School at Holy Apostles
The history of St. Ignatius Catholic School is the long journey of a dedicated community united by the bonds of faith—faith in God, faith our Church and faith in our school. Holy Apostles Church has united to create a school committed to academic excellence and anchored in Catholic faith and values. Our community is committed to creating a child centered learning environment that celebrates each child’s individuality while fostering excellence in the arts, academics and athletics.
Quick Facts about the Project
- Our campus includes a 56,000 sq. ft. building which accommodates spiritual, educational, and physical formation for up to 480 students and includes modern technology infrastructure and two outdoor play areas.
- We began a $10.5 million campaign to cover construction costs. An additional $1.5 was needed for soft costs, including construction costs, building soft costs, outdoor equipment, curriculum materials, technology systems and lab, library and similar.
- The school opened to its first classes on August 22, 2017.
- St. Ignatius has 20 classrooms, each a minimum of 900 square feet. Our largest classrooms are over 1,200 square feet.
- The state-of-the-art building design provides flex learning and collaboration space, a presentation room, library, gymnasium, music room and science and makers lab.
Major Milestones in our Journey
- December, 2011- Holy Apostles began a feasibility study to determine if there was support within our community for a Catholic school. The response was overwhelmingly positive.
- November, 2015- Holy Apostles conducted a capital campaign planning study to determine whether there was enough support to raise the funds necessary to build our school. Again, our parishioners were overwhelmingly committed.
- March 2016 – We officially began our campaign, and were received by the Holy Apostles Parish and the greater community with tremendous enthusiasm, generosity, and dedication.
- June 25, 2016- We officially broke ground on our school.
- August, 2016- Our principal was selected and helped us begin our transition from a capital campaign to an educational institution!
- October, 2016- Registration began for students for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- July 30, 2017- School Dedication Ceremony
- August 22, 2017- St. Ignatius School opened for classes!
Gifts to the campaign may be made through one-time or recurring donations of cash, stock and securities. For more information about the Faith in Our Future capital campaign or to make a gift today, please contact Lisa Lawrence at firstname.lastname@example.org.